Alison is a partner at Loopstra Nixon LLP in the commercial litigation group. Her practice focuses on the areas of construction and commercial litigation.
Alison has represented owners, contractors and lenders in construction contract disputes, lien actions, deficiency and delay claims. She also represented individuals and corporations in a range of commercial litigation matters, including breach of contract, professional liability, fraud, defamation, insurance coverage, mortgage enforcement, real estate, commercial tenancies and shareholder remedies.
Alison has appeared before all levels of Court in Ontario on motions, applications, trials and appeals.
Joining Loopstra Nixon LLP as an articling student in 2010, Alison became an associate following her call to the bar in 2011.
Alison is a native of Toronto and enjoys taking advantage of all the City has to offer, including its great food, art and theatre and outdoor spaces.
Representative Client Work
- Successfully represented owners, contractors and subcontractors in a variety of construction litigation matters.
- Successfully represented individuals and corporations in a variety of commercial disputes.
- Successfully represented lenders in a variety of mortgage enforcement matters.
- Many successful appearances at applications, motions and trials before Judges and Masters of the Ontario Superior Court of Justice.
Education and Designations
B.A. University of Western Ontario
J.D. Osgoode Hall Law School
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Mortgage Enforcement
- Municipal Liability