Our Estate Litigation team has the expertise to help clients navigate a full range of matters related to wills, estates, trusts and capacity litigation.
We advise clients in many areas, including:
- Challenging wills and other testamentary instruments
- Advising fiduciaries and beneficiaries of their rights and duties
- Trust disputes, including family trusts and the succession of businesses
- Advancing dependant support claims
- Power of attorney disputes
- Guardianship applications
- Challenging suspicious transfers of real or personal property
- Passing and objecting to fiduciary accounts
Many of our clients deal with estate disputes in the context of a business transition and we have the experience to guide clients through both the family and corporate aspects of the process.
We recognize that every party in an estate dispute has unique goals and priorities, and we apply client-specific strategies to optimize outcomes for our clients and their families, in a cost-efficient manner.