Quinto practices municipal, land use planning and development law. He has over 30 years of experience as an advocate, appearing before the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal (formerly the OMB) in hundreds of cases. He has practiced his entire career as a lawyer at Loopstra Nixon.
Quinto is an accomplished author and lecturer, frequently speaking at conferences throughout North America. He is the author of a Thompson Reuters publication entitled “Municipal Lands: Acquisition, Management and Disposition” and is a contributing author and consulting editor for two other texts.
Quinto is an active member of his community, giving very generously of his time to many not-for-profit organizations and charitable endeavours. Of these, he is most proud to be the founder and president of the Carol Annibale Ovarian Cancer Foundation, a charity he runs in memory of his late wife, Carol Annibale. Quinto has been involved in some of the most important and complex land use planning law cases in Ontario.
Representative Client Work
- Counsel for the City of Pickering in the Seaton and Durham Official Plan OMB hearings and represented the City of Pickering in the Durham Live Casino and Entertainment development OMB hearing
- Counsel for a large developer’s group in the Halton Region Official Plan OMB hearings
- Counsel for the Town of Innisfil in the Big Bay Point, Simcoe and Innisfil Official Plan OMB hearings
- Counsel for the City of Mississauga in the Peel Region Official Plan Amendment hearings.
Education and Designations
B.A. McMaster University
LL.B. Queen’s University
ICD Certificate (Not-for Profit Directors) Rotman School of Management
Harvard Mediation Program Certificate
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Real Estate
- Environmental Liability
- Land Development
- Land Use Planning
- Municipal, Land Use Planning and Development
- Local Planning Appeal Tribunal Advocacy