Matthew Wise to participate in an upcoming webinar on Navigating Employee Leave Types: An Open Q&A With An Employment Lawyer
Many have continued to endure significant lifestyle changes over the course of the pandemic. Whether it be welcoming a new family member, falling ill, or needing undisclosed personal time off, ensuring your employees and your business covers their bases can be overwhelming without access to an employment lawyer.
For employers looking for more information on the various employee leave types, join Matthew Wise, for a webinar titled Navigating employee leave types: An open Q&A with an employment lawyer, taking place September 30th at 1pm EST.
Teaming up with Andrea Bartlett, Director of HR at Humi, Canada’s leading HR, Benefits, and Payroll solution, this webinar will provide the opportunity to learn how to navigate employee leave types and provide tips on implementing internal HR policies.
By the end of this webinar, employers will:
- Understand the differences between employee leave types
- Learn when your employees are eligible for Employment Insurance (EI)
- Better understand your rights and responsibilities as an employer under the Ontario Employment Standards Act (ESA)
- Learn from an HR expert about how to best implement extended leave policies
- Feel confident navigating extended leaves with your employees
For more information and to register, please visit Humi online.
This article is not intended to serve as a comprehensive treatment of the topic and is not legal advice. All legal matters are dealt with pursuant to their specific facts and circumstance. Nothing replaces retaining a qualified, competent lawyer.