- Bar Admissions
Allan Ritchie oversees a broad business law practice covering all aspects of corporate law, taxation, mergers & acquisitions, finance, real estate, as well as wealth management and succession planning.
He is the Managing Partner of Loopstra Nixon LLP and former Global Chairman of LawExchange International, a network of over 2,000 lawyers in 34 offices around the world.
Allan is a trusted advisor to many of Canada's most successful multi-generational entrepreneurial families as well as general corporate counsel to some of Canada's largest privately held businesses. He is sought after by financial institutions to lead their cross-border initiatives and is a go-to counsel for international private capital players making acquisitions in the US and Canada.
Allan has received numerous accolades for his work in both Canada and the U.S. In 2020, he was awarded the Ontario Bar Association’s Lauren Rachlin Award for Excellence in International Business Law as well as being named to the Buffalo Law Journal's ‘Legal Elite’ list of the most influential lawyers in Western New York. He has been frequently listed among Lexpert Magazine's leading Corporate & Finance Lawyers in Canada and in 2020 was named to Canada's Legal Top 40 Under 40.
Allan serves on the boards of directors IMPACT, (a Nobel Prize nominated non-governmental organization dedicated to improving how natural resources are managed in areas where security and human rights are at risk) as well as one of Canada's largest family owned retailers. He is also frequent speaker on matters of law firm management, strategy and talent development.
Allan is an alumnus of Harvard Business School, University of Toronto Law School, Osgoode Hall, Queen's University and Ryerson University.
- Queen's University, B.A.
- University of Toronto (Faculty of Law), J.D.
- Harvard Business School, General Management Program (GMP30)
- A.L.P. Harvard Law School
- York University (Osgoode Hall Law School), LL.M. (Tax)
- Ryerson University, M.B.A. (International Business)
- University of Toronto (Rotman School of Management), , D.E.P.
- Institute of Corporare Directors, ICD.D
- Canadian Securities Institute, , C.S.C., C.P.H., C.C.O.
- C.F. (CPA Canada), Ceritfied Specialist in Corporate Finance
- C.S. Certified Specialist in Corporate & Commercial Law, LSUC
- Law Society of Ontario, 2006
- Barrister and Solicitor, Ontario
- Foreign Legal Consultant (US Law), Law Society of Upper Canada
- Attorney and Counselor at Law, New York
- Attorney, United States Supreme Court
- Attorney, United States Court of International Trade
- Attorney, United States Tax Court (D.C.)
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- International Bar Association, Law Practice Management Committee