Mark practices municipal, land use planning and development law. His experience includes appearances before the local Planning Appeal Tribunal (formerly the OMB) in matters concerning Growth Plan Conformity, Official Plan and Zoning Amendments, Site Plan Approval and Development Charges. He is also experienced in the negotiation and preparation of development agreements and condominium documents and drafting of municipal regulatory by-laws.
Mark articled with Loopstra Nixon LLP and joined the firm after his call to the bar in 2008.
Representative Client Work
- Counsel for the City of Pickering in the Seaton and Durham Official Plan OMB hearing
- Counsel for a large developer’s group in the Halton Region Official Plan OMB hearings
- Counsel for the Town of Innisfil in the Simcoe and Innisfil Official Plan OMB hearings
- Counsel for a number of municipalities on other matters at the OMB, including the City of Mississauga and the Township of Uxbridge, as well as representing several private entities.
Education and Designations
B.A. (Hons) Queen’s University
J.D. Osgoode Hall Law School
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Real Estate
- Land Development
- Land Use Planning
- Municipal, Land Use Planning and Development
- Local Planning Appeal Tribunal Advocacy